In choosing the recipients of the Citizen of the Year Awards, regard is given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and ongoing contribution to the community.
A nominee need only be nominated once to be considered. The number of nominations received per nominee bears no weight in their selection.
The selection criteria for Citizen of the Year and Young Citizen of the Year are:
- Significant contribution to the community
- An inspirational role model for the Australian community
- The scope of impact the individual’s contribution has on the local government area
The selection criteria for Community Event of the Year are;
- The quality of the event
- The scope of impact the event has on the local government area
- The event’s contribution to the community
Citizen of the Year Award: to be eligible, the person must be an Australian citizen.
Young Citizen of the Year Award: to be eligible, the person must be an Australian citizen under 30 years of age on January 26, 2022.
Community Event of the Year Award: To be eligible, the person or group must be Australian Citizens.